Monday 16 May 2011

...Mark Corbett!

I should probably say something on here again at some point.  What better way to get the ball rolling again than with this...

Thinking back, I've not featured that many singer-songwriters on the blog.  I suppose when it comes to that kinda thing, it takes someone a wee bit special to tickle my fancy.  Someone who offers something a wee bit different to the norm.  Someone like Edinburgh's Mark Corbett.  His Crocodiles EP found its way to me some time ago and struck a very likeable chord!  Over to the man himself to fill you in on a few details...

Kowalskiy:  Who is Mark Corbett?
Mark:  Okay, I am an Edinburgh based (and also born and bred!) singer songwriter who made his debut on the live scene here in 2009.

Kowalskiy:  How would you describe 'your sound'?
Mark:  My sound is a kind of experimental lo-fi folk with a few pop hooks in there too.

Kowalskiy:  What can we expect from you in the future?
Mark:  Well I've just released my debut EP which is a five track collection of the first songs I've written and recorded, so I'm gigging that about the place and promoting it, and I'm writing and working on some stuff for the next one!

Speaking of his debut EP, here it is to have a wee listen to...


How snazzy is that widget by the way??  It pops out and does all sorts! Very impressive if you ask me.  The EP too for that matter.  If you click the "buy" button you can download the EP from iTunes.  Those on shitty browsers can click here though, and if you fancy the CD, then you can order one from Mark himself over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment