Monday 14 March 2011

...Two Zebras!

He might well be in violation of the Trades Descriptions Act, but that's pretty much all you can fault Danny McGuire a.k.a. Two Zebras for.  For the last year, this Scot has been over in Toronto honing his sound, gigging frantically and more importantly for us, recording some brilliant songs.  He has just released two of these in the form of double A-side Dreams / Desperately Seeking Something which is right up there with the finest singles released so far this year.  Before we hear from Danny himself, here's the autobiographical(??) Dreams...


Here's the man himself to do the whole Introducing... thing:

Kowalskiy:  Who are Two Zebras?
Danny:  Two Zebras is the name of my indie rock project. It’s just me and I write and record all the songs. The reason is just me is because I’ve been travelling and living around over the last few years and I really like the freedom to be able to play shows anywhere I can.



Kowalskiy:  How would you describe 'your sound'?

Danny:  Kinda energetic indie rock. It’s a lot more scuzzy and loud live and I like that. 


Kowalskiy:  What can we expect from Two Zebras in the future?

Danny:  I’m going to put out a bunch of singles from some sessions I did in Toronto. The first one is out now, it’s a double A called ‘Dreams / Desperately Seeking Something’. I’m moving over to Amsterdam this month too so I can start doing lots of shows on the continent. You have to keep it exotic, you know?

Or erotic in Amsterdam's case!  Anyway, here's the second, and my favourite, half of Danny's brilliant husky-vocalled, Canadian-inspired, indie-rock debut, Desperately Seeking Something


It's out now over here with a whole host of goodies.  While you're there, get yourself a copy of last year's The Anecdotes EP.  I can safely say, we'll be hearing an awful lot more from Two Zebras in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment