Monday 25 January 2010

...Spaghetti Anywhere!

As I was saying, there's a bit of a backlog of posts to sort out. The next on the list is London-based Spaghetti Anywhere. I've noticed a few other bloggers have beaten me to the punch on this one but as good ol' Magnus always said, I've started so I'll finish.

Now for the intro...
The
 origins 
of 
the 
name 
Spaghetti 
Anywhere 
remain, 
to 
this 
day, 
a 
mystery.
 They are Valerio and Francis. They met at a film shoot. One is from Rome and the other from Glasgow... not sure which is which though!

I was sent a copy of their Spaghetti Anywhere EP to have a listen to. If you're a fan of Belle and Sebastian or Wake The President you'll lap it up. Trust me, it's a wee belter. The guys have been kind enough to let me choose which song to upload so I ended up going for the delightful "Girlfriends With Boyfriends".

The EP is is out on the 22nd of February through Toy Soldier Records. Lap it up folks!


Tracklisting
1. Gregory's Girl
2. Girlfriends With Boyfriends
3. Love Again
4. Hazy Daze

And if that's not enough, you can pop over to the Spaghetti Anywhere last.fm page and download yourself some acoustic tracks and demos including "Love Again". Doesn't the world seem a nicer place already?

2 comments: